AVAIL Release 2.9.5
- Updates to the AVAIL Active Directory (AD) support includes ADFS 2.0 SAML and ADFS 3.0 with OAUTH2 federated identity (sounds impressive!)
- Ability to suppress “Join AVAIL” invitation when sharing a Channel.
- New ability to share a Channel with “Everyone in My Plan”
Active Directory integrations are in full swing this fall as AVAIL is “rolling across the enterprise”. With AVAIL Active Directory (AD) integration it has never been easier to manage hundreds of users. As new users are added or removed from your normal IT process through AD they’re automatically logged into AVAIL and authenticated. No login or password required! AD users can also suppress the “Join AVAIL” emails when sharing a Channel across your firm. If you have 50 or more users contact email@example.com
to discuss AVAIL Enterprise Licensing for your firm.
As hundreds of new channels are created in AVAIL each month we’re working hard to fine tune how you can most easily deploy and manage your AVAIL Channels. With this release of AVAIL we’re adding the ability to easily create a Channel that is shared with everyone in your firm without having to select them individually. We’re turning this on for existing accounts this week so look for the new built-in group called “Everyone in My Plan” shortly.
We released AVAIL commercially a couple of months ago in late August after the better part of 4 years of development and eight months in beta. It has been an exciting time and it’s gratifying to work with all of you as AVAIL progresses.
We’ll use this blog to keep you updated on the latest releases and features as well as glimpses of what’s coming next. We’ve been trying to keep everyone up-to-date via emails which we’ll continue to publish but we thought a more permanent spot for the release notes and other communication was need, thus blog.getavail.com is born!
If you’ve been out of the email loop over the past few months here’s a synopsis:
AVAIL 2.9.3 Release
- Took care of some nasty problems caused by the Windows 10 Anniversary update
- Added ability to drag & drop Revit Drafting Views, Schedules and Groups directly into your current project through the AVAIL Content Browser for Revit
- Added the ability to control auto-update for network deployments
AVAIL 2.9.0 Release
- Added Analytics
- Added support for Multiple Revit Sessions
- Added email notification when an AVAIL Channel is shared
- AVAIL Content Browser for Revit now includes update detection
Now you can gather the information you need to better manage your content including most accessed Channels in AVAIL and most searched for content.
AVAIL now supports viewing your company’s AVAIL analytics data in Google Analytics. Setup a free Google Analytics account and enter your Google Analytics Tracking ID in your AVAIL Management Console. (Be sure to follow the instruction in the Management Console to properly configure your Google Analytics account)
We’ve even created a sample Analytics Dashboard for you with some basics to get you started. After creating your Google Analytics account simply click this link to import the custom dashboard – https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/template?uid=oWmkDMGbSWysDp2WJp-gbw
Some additional notes:
- Information is tracked in Google Analytics as “Events” which are made up of Categories, Actions, Labels and Values.
- To see all of the Events in Google Analytics click on Behavior | Events | Pages
- Note that by default Google Analytics date range is set one day behind. If you want to see current data you’ll need to adjust the timeframe to include today.
- You can monitor Realtime usage of AVAIL but expect a several second delay (it’s like magic!)
- If you’re using advanced BA and BI tools such as Tableau or Microsoft Power BI you can import your Google Analytics data for further analysis.
- More to come including AVAIL Content Browser for Revit analytics!