New AVAIL Browser for Revit BETA Release now available!
We’ve released an updated version of the AVAIL Browser for Revit BETA and it’s now available here. Update now to get the best out of your BETA program participation and be part of the movement to improve your Revit experience.
The AVAIL Browser for Revit BETA can help bring order to chaos, add time to your day and make your team better. It also helps you quickly find exactly what you need without changing how you work, so you can spend more time designing. For the first time, all content has thumbnails.
- No more cryptic Family file names; get a graphical preview of the Family right in the browser
- Browse, search and load Families, Views, Sheets, Schedules, Legends and Groups
- NEW! Support for Nested Families and Legends
- NEW! Identify and jump right to content loaded anywhere in the model!
Reduce steps in your workflow
- New scalable thumbnails help save time by previewing content before placing it into your project
BETA Program Highlights:
- Visually browse Revit project content such as Details, Sheets and Families with thumbnails right from within Revit
- Understand your project, visually, without double-clicking yourself to death opening view, after view, after view
- See how many instances of any family exist, jump to and select them, and even see the hosting element, all right from the AVAIL Browser for Revit plugin
Updates since 3.0.4:
We’ve been working hard to address the feedback that we’ve been receiving so far. So far, most of the feedback you have already provided has been around Thumbnail generation, which we thought might happen. We’re laying the groundwork for addressing your requests and will continue to do so throughout BETA period. But, we need your continued feedback… so:
We want to hear from you! We’re all ears! Join our slack channel by clicking here.
We’ve squashed a bunch of bugs and added some cool new features which are described in detail below. Enjoy!
Content Mode bug fixes
- Fix for issue with drag & drop of families from a project file
- Fix for inability to access file info when file is open by another user
Project Mode updates
- Added feature to immediately load thumbnails for an active project after thumbnail generation
- Fix for issue with active projects failing to load in Project Mode
- Fix for thumbnails that would not load properly after generation (correlated to incorrect thumbnail filenames)
Thumbnail Generator updates
- Fix for exporting thumbnails with incorrect filenames (correlated to some thumbnails not loading after generation)
- Removed default thumbnail export location going to Project Directory
- Added messaging feature about setting the thumbnail export location on your online AVAIL Management Portal
- Thumbnail location MUST be set from getavail.com/Manage/Settings
- Based on all the great feedback, we’re working on making the Thumbnail Generator even better.
- Installer check for minimum AVAIL Desktop version requirement; 126.96.36.199
- Analytics reporting feature added for AVAIL Browser for Revit BETA
We want to hear from you! Be sure to tell us what you love, want to see more of, think needs to be tweaked – whatever! We’re all ears! Email us at email@example.com or join our slack channel by clicking here.